PERMANENT / FULL TIME
Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.
Work with the Transport Director to efficiently plan the vehicle loads for both the internal and subcontracted transport requirements.
Work with the various Hadley Divisional teams to ensure that material is delivered to customer’s sites in line with their requirements.
Support the Transport Director, to ensure all legal regulations associated with running a transport fleet are adhered to.
Ensure all transport movements are carried out in line with the Hadley Health and Safety policies.
- Operational management: Planning, organising and managing drivers to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company’s standards.
- Cost Management: Work with the Transport Director, to ensure all costs are controlled inside the Hadley Budget process.
- Delivery and Quality: Be accountable for ensuring appropriate Tractor Units and Trailers are at the Hadley Divisions sites in line with operational requirements.
- Efficiencies: Work with the Transport Director, to maximise the utilisation of vehicles, including any backload opportunities.
- Reporting: Work with the Transport Director to develop a set of Key Performance Indicators, to drive business improvements.
- Health & Safety / Environment; Ensure that the function operates in accordance with any health, safety and environmental policies and procedures, to ensure the safety and wellbeing of self, staff and visitors.
- Ensure all legal obligations associated with Drivers and TM CPC are adhered to and any issues are addressed in a speedy manner.
- Work with various software systems to ensure up to date information is always available
- Any other duties commensurate with job duties.
- Various UK Locations. (All in the West Midlands – Oldbury/Smethwick area)
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualification(s)
- Honours Degree in a logistics or business subject preferred.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a transport manager in a similar industry preferred but not necessary.
- Good understanding of UK geography.
- Able to manage delegated projects to tight timescales and engage and influence multiple stakeholders.
- Financial awareness with a full understand of how transport failures impacts the production, manufacture and customer order fulfilment.
- Internal stakeholder management.
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated commerical acumen.
- Ability to use e-business tools to drive analytics or regular business reports.
PERSONAL QUALITIES (PREFERRED)
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values
- Good work ethic/reliable.
- Well organised approach to tasks.
- Strategic outlook but strong tactical execution.
- Excellent communication skills: active listener, verbal and written.
- Ability to analyse data and drive good business decisions as a result.
- Ability to work across all functions within the business and master internal relations.
- A self-starter approach to managing the delivery of short term vs. long term tasks to meet key objectives.
- Have the tenacity to find the implement creative creative solutions.
- Good work ethic / reliable.
- Optimistic and open to change.
- Civil courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients & suppliers.