Cold Roll Forming
Cold roll forming is one of the most versatile and productive production methods for forming metal. Cold rolling can be used to form galvanised steel, non-galvanised steel, stainless steel and copper.
Our cold rolling process
The cold rolling process consists of a constant bending operation in which a long strip of coiled metal (usually steel) is passed through a series of pre-formed rolls that gradually shape the metal to achieve the desired cross-sectional profile.
This sophisticated manufacturing process:
- Is ideal for constant profile parts with long lengths and large volumes;
- Ensures a high degree of consistency and accuracy;
- Is suitable for a wide range of metals, such as stainless steel, aluminium and prepainted steel;
- Enables customised product design and production;
- Provides effective solutions to complex challenges;
- Is environmentally friendly.
Cold rolling at Hadley Group
At Hadley Group, we are committed to responding to the demands of the market with our cold rolling services. The market wants a high quality product, with consideration given to efficient product development and fast turnaround.
One of our greatest strengths is our ability to translate complex customer requirements into practice. Cold rolled steel has several advantages that can be very interesting for different sectors, such as: automotive, construction, industry and agriculture. We offer:
- Profiles with a thickness of 0.3 to 8 mm and a width of up to 1.3 m;
- Wide range of geometrical possibilities;
- Very narrow tolerances, from ± 0.05 mm;
- Suitable for ferrous, non-ferrous, stainless steel and other deformable metals;
- Ability to form materials with polished and pre-painted surfaces;
- In-line machining such as punching, cutting, bending and trimming to length;
- Ability to form closed shapes by in-line welding.
Cold roll forming offers a number of advantages over extrusion. The roll forming process is faster and uses less energy than extrusion. It also offers significant weight savings and increased strength (as the metal is hardened in the cold state).
The UltraSTEEL® process is a pre-machining technology for the base material. UltraSTEEL® has helped customers from various industries around the world to improve product efficiency and product strength while reducing weight and use of raw materials.
Collaboration for complex metal profiles
Your project requirements are assessed by our team of 50 full-time engineers and technicians, based in our Technical Centre of Excellence. They will work as an extension of your in-house designers to translate your complex requirements into highly effective, quality solutions.
As specialists in research and product development, design, manufacturing, and technical support for tooling and machinery, we use the latest developments in computer simulation technology, advanced engineering hardware, and the expertise of our in-house team.
Want to know what is possible with cold rolling? As a specialist, we would be happy to discuss your specific requirements for cold rolled profiles with you at an early stage. Together with you, we will find the best solution. This often leads to new insights and savings in time and costs.
If you would like to know more about cold rolling and the possibilities we offer, please contact us without obligation.