Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.
Working continental shifts (4 days on, 4 days off) as part of a multi-disciplinary engineering team to maintain the electrical and mechanical systems on a wide range of special purpose machinery for the metal forming industry. To pro-actively respond to the preventative and corrective maintenance requirements of an international rollforming group.
- Respond to production breakdowns in a timely and efficient manner
- Pro-actively manage independent workload through Maintenance smart phone app
- Identify and solve the root-cause problems to provide long-term solutions
- Make customer service your focus, communicate, support and educate
- Record all modifications made to equipment to ensure documentation is accurate at all times
- Observe and communicate any required improvements on production machinery
- Complete TPM activities on machinery as required
- Carry out basic site maintenance tasks to support Machinery installations
- Ensure safe working practices are adhered to at all times
- NVQ level 2 or 3 in relevant mechanical, electrical or maintenance biased qualification
- Desired – Up to date with latest electrical wiring regulations.*(Level 1 C&G Minimum)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience maintaining industrial equipment
- A comprehensive understanding of Machine functions and degradation
- Good communicator via email and maintenance applications
- Ability to use Microsoft, adobe and windows applications with ease
- Fluent English, No specific 2nd languages required for the role
- Good technical knowledge of maintaining production systems. Industry experience preferable.
- Capable of reading and working to engineering/electrical drawings.
- Working knowledge of power presses along with press regs course (desirable).
- Ability to operate overhead cranes and lift safely (desirable).
- Having a good overall mechanical knowledge.
- Ability to drive a fork lift truck is a requirement but training will be provided.
- Ability to operate a MEWP (desirable).
- Must have experience of maintaining industrial hydraulics and pneumatics.
- Have knowledge / experience of fault finding on PLC and control systems
- Working knowledge of health and safety, quality and environmental management systems
- Current Passport and Full UK Driver’s License
- The ability to communicate (email and verbally) to all levels as required.
- The ability to pro-actively manage independent workload via Smartphone App.
- Have proven ability to solve problems.
- Must be civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Maintain a standard of dress and personal hygiene acceptable to the company.
- Keep work place clean, tidy and orderly.
- Promote the company at all times.