PERMANENT / FULL TIME
Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.
The Asset Manager is responsible for managing preventative maintenance activities and the upkeep of the
company’s production lines, 2nd operation and supporting equipment. They will develop and implement
strategies to ensure the proper preventative care, repair, and replacement of assets to maximize their lifespan
and performance. The Asset Manager will also be responsible for budgeting asset spends, coordinating with
internal and external stakeholders, and ensuring compliance with safety and regulatory requirements. Hadley
Group has it’s own internal Corrective Maintenance team, working closely with the Machine Maintenance
Manager, the aim is to work towards a far less reactive and more preventative focused Maintenance strategy.
Assets range from large power presses to printers and forklifts. Re-establish a preventative maintenance culture
and resource to build the foundations of a new department. As the systems develop, provide technical
leadership to redefine asset care in the business. Work closely with the Maintenance, Projects, Design and Build
teams to manage the full life cycle of assets.
This role is suited to a hands-on Manger who enjoys mentoring, problem solving and preventatively maintaining
equipment to the very highest standards. If you are motivated to apply your existing skills and transform the
standard of assets across the group, you will fit in wel
- Develop and implement preventative maintenance strategies to ensure the proper upkeep and performance
of the company’s assets.
- Ensure compliance with legal and safety regulations to align with industry standards. Coordinate regular
inspections and audits of assets to identify maintenance needs and address any issues promptly.
- Create and maintain a comprehensive asset maintenance plan utilising both internal and external resources,
including preventive maintenance schedules, repair protocols, and replacement strategies.
- Monitor asset spends, ensuring cost-effective maintenance practices and adherence to financial targets.
Collaborate with internal stakeholders, such as facility managers, and operations teams, to ensure effective
maintenance and alignment with company goals.
- Maintain the asset register, documentation and information ensuring it is accessible and accurately
represents the portfolio.
- Establish Autonomous Maintenance documentation for all assets, support Ops teams with execution and
- Review asset performance to reinforce informed decision making.
- Manage service contracts with suppliers, ensuring Ops teams are trained and have contact details.
- Management duties such as holiday, WFH, Mitrefinch (absence & sickness), conflict resolution and cover for
other managers when on holiday (Maintenance)
- Manage critical spares – (Collation of lists, systems for storage, ensuring stock levels are maintained, etc).
- Manage the introduction and scrapage of assets.
- Ensure all assets are clearly identified for Maintenance ticketing and TPM activities.
- Support the Maintenance and Design teams.
- Provide Technical recommendations for FY budgets and investment plans to support the long-term
sustainability of production.
- Stay updated on industry best practices and emerging trends in maintenance management to continuously
improve processes and strategies.
EXTERNAL & INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Engineering component Suppliers, Sub-Contractors, Machinery Manufacturers
- HGT Managers and Engineers, Planet Operators, Senior Management and Main Board Directors
- Europe, Dubai, Thailand, USA and other worldwide locations as necessary. Approx 1-2 times per year with a duration of 1-2 days up to 2 weeks as necessary.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualifications
- Directly relevant training (e.g. NVQ/HND/BTEC), must include legal and safety compliance.
- Must be fully aware of LOLER, PUWER and EN regulations affecting industrial equipment.
- Degree qualified in relevant discipline (Min 2:1) would be beneficial.
- Significant experience managing asset portfolios or Maintenance departments
- Experience in the scheduling of preventative maintenance activities and service schedules
- A comprehensive understanding of Machine functions and degradation
- Good general computer skills (MS Office etc)
PERSONAL QUALITIES (Preferred)
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values.
- Good work ethic/reliable.
- Able to communicate with all levels or company personnel, both written and verbal.
- Willing to work with and learn new technologies.
- Action orientated with excellent follow through.
- Takes ownership and is accountable.
- Patience and understanding.
- Flexible workstyle with an interest in being part of a dynamic and evolving organisation.
- Optimistic and open to change.
- Civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Maintain standard of dress & personal hygiene acceptable to the company.
- Engages interest and participation of others.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Energy and drive for results.
- Collaborates – builds partnerships.
- Acts with honour and integrity.
- Willing/able to travel abroad and to other sites within UK.
- Continuous improvement mindset,