PERMANENT / FULL TIME
Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia, and more than 500 employees worldwide. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.
To assist the Production Controller in the control of raw materials, organisation of despatch and transport, stock planning and control, efficient and accurate recording of all production orders, relevant statistical information, with strict adherence to the company management systems.
- Be familiar with and understand the company management systems and standards.
- Be familiar with and understand company documentation systems and procedures.
- Be familiar with the physical characteristics of all products (stacking rules, safe loads for transport).
- Assist with the planning and expediting of raw materials, including preparation of purchase orders and associated documentation in accordance with the company systems and procedures.
- Assist with the planning of material deliveries, resulting in minimum waiting time by transport companies and preventing disruption to production by ensuring materials are available when required.
- Update and maintain material records, purchase records and supplier performance records to aid in the supplier, ‘Quality of Service,’ assessment.
- Assist in the control of minimum/maximum raw material stock levels, paying particular attention to F.I.F.O stock issuing policy and batch traceability.
- Ensure raw material over/under deliveries and rejections etc. are dealt with speedily and effectively.
- Assist with the implementation and maintenance of the company management systems, to the requisite Standards, i.e. quality environmental and any other company systems.
- Apply any group supplier assessment systems in respect of raw material procurement, which could lead to improved profitability.
- Assist with the planning and programming of customer orders, raising customer order copies and acknowledgements, ensuring that all production documentation is correct and complete.
- Assist in prioritisation of production.
- Assist in the control of minimum/maximum finished goods stock levels.
- Undertake costing of completed orders and assistance in producing the monthly summary of production sheets.
- Assist with the organisation, loading and despatch of finished goods and preparation of relevant paperwork paying particular attention to F.I.F.O stock issuing policy and batch traceability
- Optimise transport to customer.
- Provide clerical and administrative support as required.
- Purchase all sundry consumable items (in conjunction with accounts/ manufacturing team ).
- If applicable to division, update machine record sheets daily, weekly and monthly, ensuring Production/Plant Managers are notified of monthly efficiencies.
- Ensure correct rotation of stock by strict adherence to batch traceability in conjunction with F.I.F.O stock issuing.
- Provide cover for Production Controller in their absence
- Attend and contribute to meetings as required
- Carry out any other duties within the capability of the job holder.