Alternative to aluminium extrusion
Aluminium extrusion is a manufacturing technology used to convert aluminium alloys into aluminium profiles. These aluminium profiles are used in many markets and for a wide range of applications. With aluminium extrusion, you can achieve high precision.
Aluminium extrusion also comes with some drawbacks:
- Only extrusion of aluminium is possible
- In-line processing steps are not possible
- And coated materials cannot be processed with aluminium extrusion.
Therefore, it is good to know that roll forming is a fantastic alternative to aluminium extrusion. Here’s what you need to know about roll forming as an alternative to aluminium extrusion.
Roll forming is a great alternative to aluminium extrusion
Roll forming — also called cold rolling — is an attractive alternative to aluminium extrusion. In roll forming, you produce a profile in a continuous process. The material goes through a number of stations to create the required shape.
Roll forming is a good alternative to aluminum extrusion. There are several reasons for this:
- Various processing steps can be integrated into the roll forming line — such as stamping, cutting to length, perforation, welding, bending, and more. This separates roll forming from other techniques such as extrusion, and helps your production to be more cost-effective.
- The roll forming process is particularly useful, since large series can be made in a relatively short time with constant cross-section and accuracy.
- Hadley distinguishes itself from other roll forming producers by creating complex and thin-walled profiles. In addition to uncoated or zinc-coated steel, Hadley processes specialty materials such as pre-sprayed, coated, or clear-finish stainless steel material with a protective coating. Hadley can also perform in-line custom processing steps as required.
Roll form opportunities with Hadley
Hadley is one of the leading players worldwide in roll forming. If you’re looking for an alternative to aluminium extrusion, you’ve come to the right place. We’re the technological leader in our industry, and that puts us in the perfect position to help.
One of our strengths is the ability to translate complex requirements into high-quality, effective solutions.
Our customised solutions in roll forming, combined with our technical capabilities as well as technological expertise, opens the doors to new possibilities in the field of metal profiles. Our experts around the world are happy to work with you to develop the most appropriate and efficient production solution for your application. This means we can reduce the design and production time while guaranteeing excellent quality and accuracy. At Hadley, we have the following options:
- Materials from 0.3 mm to 8 mm thick and up to 1.3 m wide
- Wide range of geometric possibilities
- Tolerances to ±0.05 mm
- SPC and process capability analysis
- Suitable for ferrous, non-ferrous, stainless steel and other ductile metals
- Ability to form materials with polished surfaces and pre-coated materialmen
- In-line functions such as hole punching, notching, embossing, bending and length cutting
- In-line welding enables closed shapes
Want to know more about roll forming?
Roll forming is a good alternative to aluminium extrusion. What Hadley Group is all about is adding value for our customers, understanding their diverse needs — and delivering great products based on local expertise, market insight, and manufacturing capabilities.
For many customers, having a global presence and being able to offer them local service is incredibly important. We can serve customers at 8 sites worldwide across Europe, Asia, The Middle East, and North America.