Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.
Hadley Group is a fast-growing company at the forefront of roll forming technology who are looking for an experienced and motivated Mechanical Fitter to join our Technology team in the UK. We design our own special purpose machinery destined for our sites in the UL. Dubai, Thailand, Holland and North America. This role is focused on the build of various machine types, components and subsystems.
You will be part of a small team responsible for the building of production equipment, ranging from small assemblies to entire production lines. Working closely with the Projects, Maintenance and Design teams you will use assembly drawings and manuals to turn the design team’s plans into reality.
This role is suited to a hands-on Engineer who enjoys problem solving and building equipment to the very highest standards. If you are motivated to develop your skills and continuously improve, you will fit in well.
- Build equipment from assembly drawings.
- Install machinery (UK and International).
- Pre-build / inspect parts and assemblies.
- Assessment of assets for refurbishment.
- Refurbishment of existing assets and equipment.
- Use manual machines to modify/correct parts.
- Raise non-conformances to the design team.
- Fabrication of basic components.
- Generate BOM for missing parts and refurbishments.
- Attend Design and Project meetings.
- Ensure the workshop is kept organised, clean and tidy at all times.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Support Maintenance with app tickets.
- Mentor apprentices on rotation within Machine Build.
- Support goods-in.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualification(s)
- City & Guilds Qualifications. Apprentice in Engineering would be an advantage
- Min 5 years mechanical/industrial experience
Language(s) & level:
- English (fluent), No specific 2nd languages required for the role
- Europe, Dubai, Thailand, USA and other worldwide locations as necessary. Approx 1-3 times per year with a duration from 1-2 days up to 2 weeks as necessary.
Core competencies (Technical)
- Will need to have prior machine build experience, along with a background of assembly and sub-assembly of mechanical parts.
- Typical mechanical skills such as fitting motors, pneumatics, bearings etc., also marking out, drilling, tapping, cutting, welding etc.
- Knowledge of pneumatic & hydraulic systems to work on special purpose machines, Piping-up, testing, fault diagnosis air & fluid assemblies
- Working from drawings you will be required to assemble precision bearings and work with fits & limits in a range of applications
Core competencies (Job related)
- Need to be very flexible as they are also required to cover general machine maintenance around the site
- Experienced, hands on, fitter. Mechanical bias and some electrical experience would be ideal
- Working on precision equipment to high standards – an eye for detail and problem-solving skills are key.
- Be a positive and approachable member of the team
- Deal professionally, competently and courteously with suppliers and colleagues in verbal and written communications.
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values
- Good work ethic/reliable
- Optimistic and open to change
- Civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients & suppliers
- Maintain standard of dress & personal hygiene acceptable to the company
- Excellent communication skills: active listener, verbal and written
- Energy and Drive for results
- Collaborates – builds partnerships
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Acts with honour and integrity
- Health, Safety and Environment focus
- Quality and Continuous improvement mindset
- Willing/able to travel abroad and to other sites within UK (if applicable)