To work within, and to grow with, the continuous improvement and R&D team working side by side with design engineers and software developers to deliver best in class continuous improvement for our internal customers, products and processes.
- Be responsible for transforming customer requirements from concept to a finished solution.
- Take ownership for the production of test data, technical reports, other outputs, and associated analyses, making robust evaluations to achieve accurate results for the business.
- Keep management and relevant stakeholders informed of relevant updates and/or decisions to ensure continuous improvement or R&D objectives are being met.
- Be able to work to clear deadlines and timeframe to ensure that designs and projects can be delivered on time.
- Have good interpersonal and relationship building skills to ensure customer interactions are supportive, clear and are fully representative of the company values.
- Provide continuous improvement within product development for both existing and new product / system ranges to delight our customer range and develop tangible USPs.
- Have some knowledge of the wider systemization of building products.
- Provide support to internal and external customers to assist in achieving the sales revenue plan of growth and increased market share, revenue, profit, and ROI.
- Promote and share knowledge related to the LGSF and building products markets with both the wider team and the Group as a whole.
- Liaise and attend site / design meetings to perform duties and aid business.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Support marketing of technical data (website content, brochures, seminars, trade shows etc…)
- Keep abreast of competitors technical offerings, and benchmark best practice.
- Any other duties within the capability of the job holder.
Areas: Within the UK & international group sites as required
- Full UK driving license is preferred, with any offences declared to the company.
Education and Qualifications: Bachelors/Masters degree in a relevant civil / structural / mechanical engineering discipline.
- Have a degree level understanding of structural analysis.
- Able to complete hand calculations with clarity.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel effectively.
- Have a degree level knowledge of 2D and 3D CAD.
- Analytical skills and problem solving.
- Have a degree level understanding of technical drawings.
- Working as part of a team.
Language(s) & level: Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Have degree level knowledge of structural design/analysis and construction materials.
- Awareness of Eurocodes desirable.
- An engineering mindset that can be applied to a broad range of problems.
- Able to read, create and develop technical papers/reports.
- Able to read, understand and interpret technical drawings.
- Able to create innovative solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods and interpreting goals
- Communicates with clarity and demonstrate excellence in approach to work and people activities.
- Strong organisation, communication, and planning skills.
- Ability to manage a variety of activities at the same time.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Able to identify hazards and risks.
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values.
- Good work ethic/reliable
- Optimistic and open to change
- Methodical – practical analytical skills
- Willing/able to travel abroad and to other sites within UK
- Civil, courteous, and co-operative to colleagues, clients, and suppliers
- Maintain standard of dress & personal hygiene acceptable to the company
- Energy and Drive for results
- Acts with honour and integrity
- Customer focus
- Able to work with new technologies
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of company personnel both written and verbally
- Must be systematic and focused on detail when carrying out duties
- Must have a professional appearance and attitude i.e., promoting the group vision and policy
- Promotes the company at all times
Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.