Work remotely from anywhere in the UK by joining our technical team as a Draughtsperson for HadleyFRAME. You will work in a rapidly growing Structural Division, currently experience significant investment to expand its facilities. The technical team are committed to excellence in engineering, design and installation, welcoming your ideas and suggestions to enhance the Hadley offering. With a policy for internal promotion and support for continuous professional development, your career will be in good hands.
To effectively manage through the design of, and completely own the production of Tekla models and the production of CAM data ready for manufacture and installation of HadeyFRAME systems including all associated hot rolled steelwork and any other components as required in response to the project and/or client design requirements.
- Produce fully detailed models of steelwork (hot and cold) using Tekla Structures software.
- Able to read, understand and interpret the clients design requirements and provide a solution utilising the HadleyFRAME system
- Liaising with all relevant members of the project design team and the client(s) verbally and in writing – through face to face meetings, teams meetings, and electronic written format.
- Assist in the coordination, control & distribution of drawings, documents and other project specific data received electronically – via email or online storage portals – to the relevant internal teams as required.
- Assist in the coordination, control & distribution of drawings, documents and other project specific data received electronically – via email or online storage portals – to the relevant external customers as required.
- Ensure that there is effective and efficient control of project related documents in all instances.
- Capable of owning all aspects of the Tekla model production working closely with the HadleyFrame Technical Design Team to ensure key dates are meet
- Effectively manage the RFI process to ensure the project stays on course.
- Provide support to, and assist in the development of quality procedures within the overarching department.
- Owning the continuous improvement within the processes involved within the job details.
- Ensuring compliance with CDM 2015 in relationship to project coordination activities.
- Ensuring compliance with changes in industry relating to the ‘golden thread’ of construction information.
- Support marketing of technical data (website content, brochures, seminars, trade shows etc…)
- Keep abreast of competitors technical offerings, and benchmark best practice.
- Any other duties within the capability of the job holder.
EXTERNAL & INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
External : Main Contractors, Structural Engineering practices, Sub-Contractors
Internal: All levels within all divisions
- Occasional design team meetings as required.
- Full UK driving license is preferred, with any offences declared to the company.
Education and Qualifications: HNC or relevant industry experience
- Ideally 2 year experience using Tekla Structure software to develop structural steel fabrication drawings and details
- Working cross functionally with different teams
- Capable of fully understanding architectural and engineering drawings.
- Excellent customer support
Language(s) & level: Fluent English
- PC literate to a high degree of competency
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to learn new systems of working in a short space of time
- Process driven thinking and implementation
- Aptitude towards continuous improvement
- Able to create innovative solutions.
- Ability to take control of processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Exercise substantial initiative/judgement in work methods
- Communicates with clarity and demonstrates excellence in approach to work and people activities.
- Strong organisation, communication, and planning skills
- Ability to manage a wide variety of people and activities at the same time.
- Able to work cross functionally and collaboratively with many stakeholders.
- Troubleshooting skills
- Optimises work processes.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values.
- Good work ethic/reliable
- Optimistic and open to change
- Methodical process thinking
- Civil, courteous, and co-operative to colleagues, clients, and suppliers
- Maintain standard of dress & personal hygiene acceptable to the company.
- Energy and Drive for results
- Acts with honour and integrity
- Customer focused
- Able to work with new technologies.
- Communicate clearly and professionally with all levels of company personnel both written and verbally.
- Must be systematic and focused on detail when carrying out duties.
- Must have a professional appearance and attitude i.e., promoting the group vision and policy.
- Promotes the company at all times.
Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.