Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.
Accountable for the effective operation of an assigned area in terms of performance, safety, quality, cost, delivery, technical and people management, whilst meeting defined goals.
Monitor day to day logistics activities for the materials handling team in accordance to the schedule of raw and finished goods collections and deliveries to ensure company’s targets and objectives are achieved to meet customer requirements, ensure that employees comply with health, safety and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
Strive to continually improve, safety awareness including output and quality.
- Update team daily on H&S issues with logistics team.
- Ensure logistics team are developed for full flexibility across all shifts.
- Ensure FLT PPM and Maintenance issues are raised to supervisor.
- Lead by example, ensuring a safe and efficient workplace is always maintained.
- Ensure and supervise all stock locations are correct and maintained via clear communication to FLT drivers.
- Achieve the required company quality standards ensuring both internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that data is collated, key performance indicators (KPI’s) are monitored, and targets achieved.
- Consider cost and financial constraints.
- Liaise and coordinate with support functions to progress issues concerning production planning and resource/skill allocation to ensure delivery of products to schedule within all relevant quality specification.
- Schedule permanent and temporary labour to achieve efficient logistics to customer demand, and reduce costs e.g., over time costs.
- Create and maintain visual metrics on stock & yard area.
- Communicate with the teams by utilising the visual management/metrics, delivering toolbox talks/shift briefs with focus on quality, safety, cost and delivery, and gathering ideas for improvement.
- Drive performance of team members, giving direction and feedback to aid good performance.
- Ensure safe working practices are maintained and ‘standard operations’ adhered to.
- Ensure that non-conformance is challenged, and countermeasures are agreed and implemented.
- Motivate the team to create a high-performance culture where improvement suggestions are embraces.
- Contribute to the improvement of working procedures by consulting looking for solutions to ensure the best productivity results of her/his machinery group ensuring compliance with procedures, and operating instructions.
- Ensure that internal delivery processes are adhered to support dispatch time windows.
- Support the resolution of customer concerns relating to logistical activities. Identify and eliminate root cause using robust countermeasures. Sustain the corrective actions to eliminate repeat issues.
- Induction and evaluation of new and existing employees
- Liaise and communication with other shifts and departments. Ensure an effective interface with is maintained.
- Feedback to the management team to share ideas on improve logistic activities, recommending, supporting, and implementing continuous improvement activities and process and procedure improvements to optimise results and improve quality of delivery, in line with quality standards requirements delivery in line with company and customer requirements.
- Carry out any other duties within the capabilities on the job holder which may arise or be determined by senior management.
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values
- Positive attitude
- Team player
- Active listening skills
- Optimistic and open to change
- Civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients, suppliers
- Maintain standard of dress & personal hygiene acceptable to the company
- Strong work ethic, and tenacity to overcome challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Capable of solving problems alone if required, as well as working within the team as standard
- Ability to support and train other team members
- Flexible and self-motivated -Willing/able to travel abroad and to other sites within UK