Hadley group technology require experienced and motivated Toolmakers (AM or Day Shift) for their sites based in the West Midlands. The role is focused on the servicing, changeover and repair of press tooling (pierce and cut), and will encompass breakdown recovery/emergency repair and occasionally support in the build and assembly of newly manufactured tooling. Our toolroom in Downing Street, Smethwick is responsible for the manufacture of tooling for all global sites of the Hadley Group, and satellite service toolrooms are also stationed in Gaitskell Way, Smethwick and in Oldbury.
- Accurately read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Accurately read and use all available types of measuring equipment to ensure products are within tolerance and of high quality selecting the most efficient method of manufacture.
- Ensure that all tools serviced or repaired are done so according to the production plan, and are to the highest standards, entering completed service details on to Frontline.
- Report to Supervisor or Manager any replacement parts required when servicing, ensuring that no downtime in production is experienced.
- Ensure that all changeover components are stored neatly, in order and logged.
- When or if required, provide cover for HGT new tool makers ensuring that all tools or parts manufactured are to the highest standards.
- Complete time sheets daily, populated with accurate information
- Train/provide an appreciation of the role to apprentices in order to improve their skills and motivation.
- Ensure all equipment is operated safely in view of operators and any other personnel
- Clean down machines after use and report any defects or concerns to their Supervisor or Management.
- Ensure all equipment used is appropriately maintained and report concerns to your Supervisor.
- Provide feedback to designers all errors, modifications, re-work and other appropriate information to alert them to the issues you experienced and provide constructive input to resolving the issue in future at design stage to prevent reoccurrence.
- Use of all tool room machines to their maximum efficiently within the constraints of the manufacturers operating instructions.
- Use of other machines and equipment within HGT when deemed appropriate by their Supervisor or Manager.
- Develop and adopt SOP and TPM methods of working reporting any issues directly to the Supervisor or Manager.
- Any other duties within the capability of the job holder.
- 4 or 5 GCSEs at grades 9 to 4 (A* to C) or equivalent, including English, math’s, science, design and technology/ Engineering Apprenticeship.
- A strong robust engineering background, preferably within the cold roll forming industry.
- Relevant experience of project management in a production environment.
- Ability to use all machines within an engineering environment.
- Ability to use all measuring equipment required to manufacture components to required standards and tolerances.
- Ability to communicate honestly with all levels of company personnel, written and verbally.
- Ability to train other personnel effectively.
- Excellent math’s, IT and technical skills
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values
- Good work ethic/reliable
- Optimistic and open to change
- Civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients suppliers
- Maintain standard of dress & personal hygiene acceptable to the company
- Excellent communication skills: active listener, verbal and written
- Energy and Drive for results
- Collaborates – builds partnerships
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Acts with honour and integrity
- Health, Safety and Environment focus
- Quality and Continuous improvement mind-set
- Willing/able to travel abroad and to other sites within UK (if applicable)
Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.