PERMANENT / FULL TIME
Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.
The main purpose of the role is to load steel sections and deliver them to the companies customers.
- Load steel sections front he companies premises, the day before the delivery is due to be made.
- Complete a maximum of two drops a day.
- Start at 4am on delivery day, carrying steel sections and deliver them safely to the companies customers.
- Backload to the companies premises based in the Midlands, if necessary.
- be responsible for the cleanliness of the truck.
- Pre and post-shift vehicle checks daily.
- Infrequent nights may be required. You may also be required to stay away from home.
- Uniform and safety shoes provided.
- UK Only
- Monday – Friday and optional Saturdays when available.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualification(s)
- Must have a valid Class 1 OR Class 2 License.
- Experience of rigid flatbed loading preferred.
- Minimum of two years’ experience as a HGV Driver desirable but not essential.
PERSONAL QUALITIES (PREFERRED)
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values
- Good work ethic/reliable.
- Optimistic and open to change.
- Civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Maintains standard of dress and personal hygiene acceptable to the company.
- Excellent communication skills: active listener, verbal and written.
- Energy and Drive for results.
- Collaborates – builds partnerships.
- Interpersonal Savvy.
- Acts with honour and integrity.
- Health, Safety and Environment focus.
- Quality and continuous improvement mindset
- Willing/Able to travel abroad and to other sites within UK