HADLEY GROUP OBTAINS ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL CERTIFICATION
Here at Hadley Group, we care a great deal about the environment. And it is precisely for this reason that several Hadley Group production sites all over the world are already ISO 14001 certified. Throughout 2019 and 2020, we worked very hard at our European headquarters in Ede to meet the ISO 14001 standard.
REDUCE OUR ECOLOGICAL FOOTPRINT
Thanks to the results of the measures we have taken to obtain ISO 14001 certification, we are reducing our ecological footprint as well as pressure on the environment. Below is an overview of some of the steps we have taken:
- We have, among other things, implemented completely separate waste streams with our own waste collection facility
- We are focusing on reducing energy consumption by, among other things, using LED lighting in our production facility
- We are minimizing the use of any harmful substances during the production process
- We have critically evaluated our suppliers and their policies regarding the environment
By obtaining ISO 14001 certification, Hadley Group confirms that its production and operations comply with all applicable international environmental standards.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ISO 14001
The ISO 14001 certificate is an international standard that sets out the criteria for an environmental management system. We have used this environmental management system to develop a suitable environmental policy and ensure the implementation thereof.
ISO 14001 sets out the following criteria for the results of the management system:
- Continuous improvement of performance and protection of the environment (e.g. by preventing environmental pollution)
- Controlling the environmental risks arising from the organization’s activities
- Compliance with the applicable legal requirements as a minimum
It concerns an organization’s ability to influence the environment from a ‘life cycle’ perspective, meaning that potential environmental factors at suppliers and customers also fall within the environmental management system.