PERMANENT / FULL TIME
Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.
We are currently recruiting an experienced Cold Roll Forming Design Engineer with ability to create new roll tooling designs from the concept stage to the development of prototypes through to finished products ready for the manufacture. The ideal candidate will drive creative thinking, ensuring customer needs are considered and collaborate with the manufacturing & operations team to ensure products are designed for efficient manufacture.
- Design cold roll forming tooling, using Copra-RF & Copra-FEA software.
- Design any necessary ancillary equipment such as frames, fixtures & inspection gauges, using 3D Cad.
- Ensure that Health, Safety and Environmental requirements are adhered to.
- Implement and manage continuous improvement principals by highlighting deficiencies and recommending changes in training, working practices and processes.
- Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice engineering, vision, strategy, policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve operational performance.
- Ability to capture and specify the design requirements, the development and validation needed to deliver successful roll tooling, products and components to meet/exceed the customer’s specifications.
- Liaise closely with all departments to fully understand design requirements.
- Assist with Requests for Quotation (RFQs) support calcs, forming strategies and concepts.
- Create initial feasibility studies.
- Conceptualise new designs and design revisions.
- Improve reliability performance to reduce or eliminate warrantable issues in the field.
- Deal with parts suppliers, involving Purchasing where necessary.
- Use 2D and 3D CAD to produce designs, drawings and models to make design changes.
- Drive forward product development, innovation and ‘think outside the box’ to generate engineering advantage for customers, thinking creatively to develop new /improved solutions.
- Identify and implement design improvements (functionality, cost, design for manufacture).
- Report on achievement of targets and identify any actions required.
- Carry out any other duties within the capability of the job holder.
EXTERNAL & INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
- Visitors, Sub-Contractors, training providers, Customers and Suppliers.
- Colleagues, Managers, Peers, Tool Makers, CNC Operatives, Commissioning Engineers, Apprentices, HR, Accounts, Production Operatives.
- Travel between group sites within the West Midlands.
- UK and International.
- Valid driving license and passport required.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualifications
- Relevant manufacturing / engineering HNC or ONC, A Levels, BTEC Diploma Level 4/3 or equivalent.
- Working in an manufacturing environment.
- A strong, robust cold roll forming toll design background.
- Demonstrate practical engineering experience and knowledge of manufacturing processes.
Core Competencies (Technical)
- Able to effectively train the team.
- Confidence in delivering presentations in a detailed and professional manner.
- Mange and coordinate projects.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High level of competence with 2D & 3D CAD packages – ideally AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor.
- High level of competence with Copra-RF & Copra-FEA.
- Able to draw, read and interpret complex engineering drawings, GA’s and fully understand geometric tolerances limits and fits.
- Knowledgeable about milling, turning, drilling, grinding & tool making.
- Knowledge of properties of metals and design principles and heat treatments and coatings.
- Excellent knowledge of engineering limits and fits.
Core Competencies (Job Related)
- Strong pc skills (Microsoft Office [Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint]).
- Ability to plan organise manage workload.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Able to meet deadlines.
- Able to deliver results within a fast-moving, quality conscious manufacturing business.
- Problem solving.
- Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Commercial and financial awareness, with an understanding of the impact of failure with regards to business costs, production targets and fulfilment of customer orders.
PERSONAL QUALITIES (Preferred)
- Demonstrates commitment to corporate values.
- Good work ethic/reliable.
- Able to communicate with all levels or company personnel, both written and verbal.
- Willing to work with and learn new technologies.
- Action orientated with excellent follow through.
- Takes ownership and is accountable.
- Patience and understanding.
- Flexible workstyle with an interest in being part of a dynamic and evolving organisation.
- Optimistic and open to change.
- Civil, courteous and co-operative to colleagues, clients and suppliers.
- Maintain standard of dress & personal hygiene acceptable to the company.
- Engages interest and participation of others.
- Proactively contributes to the team.
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Energy and drive for results.
- Collaborates – builds partnerships.
- Acts with honour and integrity.
- Willing/able to travel abroad and to other sites within UK.
- Continuous improvement mindset,