Hadley Group is a world leader in advanced cold rolled steel technology, with manufacturing facilities in Europe, the Middle East and Southeast Asia. We deliver innovative solutions with applications across sectors as diverse as construction, automotive, industrial and agriculture. Our continuing growth and success is entirely dependent upon our ability to attract, retain and develop the best people, and it is for this reason that we promote continuous personal development for everyone working at the Hadley Group.
Hadley Group are looking for an experienced and motivated Commissioning Engineer to join our Technology centre team in the UK.
You will be encouraging and developing the Hadley Group on its journey to become a world class manufacturer through development of new and existing products, processes and tooling for all Hadley companies and offer support with solutions to new and existing tooling projects. You will effectively appraise the performance of new tooling and machinery against the criteria specified on the business case and ensure all projects are delivered on time and within budget.
We are a fast-growing company where you can expand on your experience and develop your skills further to enable your team to deliver amazing results.
- Commission the first off production of new tooling and ascertain maximum production speeds. Identify limiting factors to the maximum production potential, record tolling performance and make recommendations to improve, including lessons learned and feedback.
- Oversee the transaction of new tooling and ensure complete setting and production documentation is available on delivery.
- Ensure all operations support projects are delivered on-time, within budget and are fit for purpose.
- Attend pre-tooling meetings and confirm the production targets and design requirements. Identify any potential limitations to production at this stage.
- Provide input to new tooling design concept as and when required.
- Ensure clear documentation and completion of all tooling modifications and recommend tooling improvements prior to project sign off.
- Ensure 100% completion of necessary production documentation for all commissioned projects to be concluded in a “project handover.”
- Document/report (Production folders; tooling feedback; update profile database) on all commissioned and problem tooling against specified criteria and feedback internally and externally to all levels of staff within each department or Group company.
- Determine causes of operating/setting errors and decide what corrective action is required.
- Be devoted to the development of the lean approach to improving production performance for the Hadley group by providing support, consultation and training.
- Develop standard operating procedures (best practice) for all relevant manufacturing processes and encourage total preventative maintenance through training of other personnel.
- Complete health and safety assessments of all aspects within the commissioning process/bay and confirm safe working methods.
- Recommend and implement safety adjustments, e.g. guarding to machinery, to ensure compliance with legislation and best practice.
- Ensure each product is tested and check existence of current setting sheet and setting report. Note rolling problems and tooling modifications.
- Encapsulate any recommended improvements in company policy/procedures
- Report on progress of projects as required, written or verbally.
- Manage the delivery of first off production products for internal or external customers.
- Follow up with customer where necessary after their first rolling of the product and identify any further production problems.
- Monitor performance by recording final achieved production targets and compare against predicted and tested values.
- Advise on SOP and TPM as required.
- Must be willing to travel (often alone) to all Hadley Group sites worldwide to support in new product introduction and training
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Qualifications
- A Levels, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTec National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma, NVQ level 3.
- Completion of an apprenticeship desired.
- In depth knowledge of production plant and equipment used in cold roll forming manufacturing processes with working knowledge of existing plant and production processes an advantage.
- Familiar with good engineering practice.
- Relevant experience of project management in a production environment.
- Analytical skills of the roll forming process, and technical problem solving.
- Capable of understanding engineering drawings with applied GD&T.
- A working knowledge of the Hadley Group quality system.
- A working knowledge of the Hadley Group health and safety system.
- Comprehensive practical understanding of cold rolling processes.
- Computer savvy – able to use ERP, SharePoint etc.
- Fault finding/diagnostic skills.
- Knowledge of CE marking.
- Risk assessment.
- Understanding of the principles of Lean Manufacturing.
- Able to create and develop technical specifications and documentation.
- Able to read, understand and interpret engineering drawings.