These software programs also provide full process animations and evaluation of the finished product, giving us the rich data to optimise design and realistic visualisations.
Being a market leader in pioneering engineering technology, Hadley Group Technology (HGT) utilises a suite of different computer simulation tools to support and optimise the design of products, tooling and machinery.
Finite Element Analysis (FEA) is a computerised method for predicting how a product or process reacts to real world forces, vibration, heat of other physical effects. In metal forming, this means our tooling designers can predict the limits of formability and optimise tooling design to minimise uneven material strain – and define the most effective forming strategies.
This non-linear software can also be used to predict the plastic failure mode and capacity limits of roll formed products when used in real-world applications. Predicting these types of behaviours requires our highly skilled engineering input as well as considerable knowledge of how to correctly interpret the results.
Finally, in-built CAD simulation tools are used within the design and development of machinery and equipment to ensure strength, integrity and robustness of our purpose- built assets.
The benefits of simulation technology include:
- Quick evaluation of the performance in new products and systems
- Optimisation of tooling design to minimise forming defects
- Reduction in the cost and lead time of new tooling
- Ability to support our customer with their own product development
- Optimisation in the design of machinery assets
- Capability to continuously update design principles
We recognise that validation of simulation data is key to this technology. For this reason, HGT regularly combine simulation technology with physical testing to ensure the results we simulate match reality as closely as possible.
Examples of analyses carried out using this technology include:
- Complex geometry product bending (3 and 4 point)
- Global and localised buckling (under compression)
- Acoustic behaviour of rolled products within a system
- Screw and bolt slot pull-through
- Product cutting (shear and crop cutting)
- Full system simulation to BSEN testing standards
Speak to our Custom Roll Forming experts today
Your project enquiry will be handled by our Custom Roll Forming team. They will work with you to understand what kind of cold rolled profile you need, as well as your wider project goals such as sustainable production and responsibly sourced steel.