We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Service Toolmaker working within our Hadley Group Technology division.
Working with a range of metals, alloys and composite materials, you will produce and service in-house precision tooling (such as dies, jigs and fixtures) used during our manufacturing process, as well as working on bespoke client specific tools when necessary.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accurately reading and interpreting engineering drawings and using all available measuring equipment to ensure products are finished to a high quality, within tolerance and via the most effective manufacturing method.
- Ensuring all servicing and repairs of tooling are in line with the production plan, to the highest standards and service details are entered onto the ERP system.
- Focusing on continuous improvement, reducing cost or increasing efficiency and adapting to using new technology when available.
- Ensuring all equipment is operated and maintained in line with Health and Safety policies, developing and adopting SOP and TPM methods to optimise performance.
- Ensuring all equipment used is appropriately maintained, cleaned down after use, reporting any issues or defects to the Supervisor/Management.
- Updating the ERP system daily, ensuring accurate information is populated and time sheets are completed.
- Using the tool room to maximum efficiency.
- Ensuring any replacement parts required for servicing are reported to the Supervisor/Management to prevent production downtime.
- Highlighting issues and providing feedback to designers on any errors/modifications/re-work/information, and supporting with the resolution of any problems to prevent further occurrences.
- Training and mentoring new colleagues and apprentices when necessary to aid their development.
- Ensuring all changeover components are stored neatly, in order and logged on the ERP system.
- Actively participating and contributing to meetings where appropriate.
- Providing cover for HGT new tool makers when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Engineering Apprenticeship or equivalent experience.
- A strong, robust engineering background, preferably within cold roll forming.
- Relevant project management experience within a production environment.
- Proficient in the use of computers and the use of ERP systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Health, Safety and Environmental mindset.
- Ability to train and mentor other colleagues, such as Apprentices.