You will be responsible for leading, developing, inspiring and motivating a team to work safely and efficiently, and produce high quality products to ensure both company objectives and customer requirements are met.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, analyse and review a variety of production reports to improve costs, employee commitment/motivation, safety, production lines, quality, efficiency, cycle times, volumes, and implements changes as required.
- Monitor and deliver on set targets and set KPI's (e.g. material scrap, DOTIF, Cost of Production per tonne.)
- Schedule and allocate both temporary and permanent employees and resources according to the production plan, maximising efficiency and reducing costs where possible.
- Management of new and existing employees including recruitment, inductions, coaching/training, regular feedback and reviews, pay and attendance, conflict resolution and disciplinary procedures where necessary.
- Regularly liaising with other shifts/departments/support functions on progress/issues with any resources/labour, ensuring that any production schedules are realistic and delivered on time to the correct standard/specifications.
- Communicate with the teams by utilising the visual management/metrics, delivering toolbox talks/shift briefs with focus on quality, safety, cost and delivery, and gathering ideas for improvement
- Support the management team in creation of robust master process data for ERP system to facilitate MRP reports.
- Support the resolution of customer concerns by identifying and eliminating the root cause using robust countermeasures.
- Report and act upon plant or machinery breakdowns to maintenance.
- Embracing continuous improvement activities and engaging the team to perform at a high standard consistently.
- Support, comply and ensure complicity with Health & Safety regulations, the Company Handbook, Quality and Environmental standards, and all other Company policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Level 3 Leadership & Management qualification or equivalent experience
- Train the Trainer
- Full UK Driving Licence – Travel Required between sites
- Basic employment law, including disciplinaries and grievances.
- Proven Supervisory/Leadership experience
- Proven track record in manufacturing management
- Level 4 Leadership & Management qualification (desirable)
- Level 2 + Coaching & Mentoring Skills (desirable)
- Relevant manufacturing/ engineering degree or equivalent (desirable)
- Proficient in the use of computers/ ERP systems – able to train others.
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good organisational, analytical & people management skills
- Lean Manufacturing techniques and recognised QC tools
- High levels of motivation and action orientated
- Investigation/active listening skills
- Project Management
Please note that the successful applicant must possess a full valid driving licence as travel will be required between our UK sites.