Working hours: Monday to Friday 6:00am – 2:00pm
We currently have an exciting opportunity within EWS Manufacturing for a full time Production and Despatch Assistant!
This is a varied role offering you the opportunity to be involved with the planning of production, and transport of materials/products internationally.
You will support the division by assisting the Planning & Transport Manager in the control of raw materials, despatch and transport, stock planning and control, efficient and accurate recording of all production orders, relevant statistical information, whilst adhering to ISO9001:2015 standards.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To assist with the planning and programming of all orders through the production process, in the most economical and viable manner ensuring all machines are running at optimum capacity, taking into account customer’s demand/ delivery requirements and liaising with all personnel as appropriate.
- Assist with the planning and expediting of raw materials, including preparation of purchase orders and associated documentation in accordance with the company systems and procedures.
- Manage and plan key account stock levels
- Plan the delivery of loads to support EWS customer service strategy.
- Assist with the organisation, loading and despatch of finished goods and preparation of relevant paperwork paying particular attention to F.I.F.O stock issuing policy and batch traceability.
- Efficiently plan the loads to optimise operational footprint
- Undertake costing of completed orders and assistance in producing the monthly summary of production sheets.
- Update and maintain material records, purchase records and supplier performance records to aid in the supplier, ‘Quality of Service,’ assessment.
- Assist in the control of minimum/maximum finished goods stock levels.
- Continually reassess performance to drive efficiencies.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- GCSE Maths and English or Equivalent
- Production/ Material Planning Knowledge
- ERP Knowledge/Experience an advantage
- HNC Engineering or related discipline (Desirable)
- Supply Chain and Inventory Management Qualification (Desirable)
- LN/ Baan Experience (Desirable)
- Proficient in the use of Computers; Microsoft Office – Excel and Word & ERP Systems (LN)
- Understanding of Manufacturing/ Production processes/ methods
- An understanding/knowledge of divisional products and capabilities
- Understanding of ISO9001 standards desirable
- A good knowledge of HI quality systems and processes
- A good knowledge of HI COSHH and health and Safety systems
- Good Communication & Attention to detail
- Good organisational & team skills