Attend to visitors and deal with enquiries on the telephone and face to face. Supply information regarding the organisation to the general public, clients, customers and suppliers.
Roles and Responsibilites
- Represent the business with a positive attitude, professional appearance and image.
- Operate telephone switch board. Answer, screen and direct calls quickly and efficiently.
- Provide information to callers.
- Greet and welcome persons entering organisation.
- Deal with queries from the public and customers.
- Answer questions about products or services offered at the business.
- Provide general administrative and clerical support, including to the HR department.
- Prepare correspondence and documents.
- Receive and sort mail and deliveries as required.
- Maintain appointment diary either manually or electronically.
- Organise conference and meeting room bookings.
- Co-ordinate meetings and organise catering.
- Tidy and maintain the reception area and meeting rooms.
- Provide cover for colleagues absent due to sickness/holidays, including mornings.
- Business administration NVQ desirable
- Experience of working in a reception, greeting visitors, dealing with members of the public and employees
- Proficient in the use of Computers and Microsoft Office – Excel and Word
- Good Communication skills and telephone manner
- Able to use a switchboard and handle nuisance callers
- Good organisational & team skills
- Professional, friendly and approachable