To work as part of a team to complete and support mechanical builds on production plant and equipment used in the cold roll forming manufacturing, ensuring efficiency, quality and reliability of machinery throughout the Hadley Group, including overseas.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work from engineering drawings to assemble special purpose roll forming equipment.
- Attend machine breakdowns to support design, electrical and maintenance engineers.
- Post-build testing of completed machinery and subsections of machinery.
- Work with designers to resolve technical issues and on any modifications or improvements that can be made and feedback all errors, modifications, re-work and other appropriate information to alert them to any issues.
- Provide constructive input to resolving the issue in future at design stage to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assist to keep all machinery maintained to a satisfactory working condition and report to supervision when new equipment is required.
- Assist with the development and adoption of SOP and TPM methods of working, reporting any issues to Supervision/Management.
- Strive to improve current operating methods to reduce cost or increase efficiency adapting to using new technology when it is available.
- To train/provide an appreciation of the role to apprentices in order to improve their skills and motivation.
- Develop and improve working knowledge through professional development, contributing to the improvement of manufacturing.
- Remain flexible regarding working hours to support project requirements.
Qualifications and Experience
- BTEC/NVQ level 3 in engineering related discipline.
- Completion of an engineering related apprenticeship desirable.
- Strong background in Mechanical fitting/assembly including machine build experience, along with background of assembly and sub-assembly of mechanical parts.
- Typical mechanical skills such as fitting motors, pneumatics, bearings, marking out, drilling, tapping, cutting and welding etc.
- MIG & TIG welding desirable.
- Experience in operating milling, turning, drilling and grinding machines is desirable.
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics to work on special purpose machines.
- Ability to accurately read & interpret complex engineer drawings.
- Ability to accurately read and use measuring equipment.
- Overhead crane license advantageous
“Please note we do not accept speculative approaches from agencies and will not pay fees for submissions received unless you have been engaged by our HR department”