We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Internal Sales Representative within our Building Products Division.
Working within the Non-Structural department, you will be the main point of contact for all existing customer enquiries, responsible for retaining and growing revenue across these accounts whilst also supporting the field based sales team when necessary.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acting as a single point of contact for customer queries or issues, working in collaboration with other departments to rectify when necessary.
- Building and executing a contact strategy and account plan in order to maximise potential growth opportunities and ensure requirements are being met.
- Developing effective business relationships with customers and key decision makers, and making account visits where necessary.
- Preparing quotations and negotiating with customers ensuring appropriate margins are achieved.
- Liaising with the production team in relation to the viability of new sections, lead times, delivery machine availability, manufacturing programmes etc.
- Proactively dealing with inbound enquiries, identifying new business opportunities, reaching out to contacts directly and supporting internal teams to win business.
- Achieving set targets and KPI’s.
- Retaining and growing revenue in line with business growth targets against assigned accounts, including cross and upselling where possible.
- Taking responsibility for building and maintaining industry and competitor knowledge, sharing this with the wider team and offering suggestions around new product development.
- Working with finance to ensure customer payments are received on agreed dates.
- Acquiring the skills and knowledge required to sell the full portfolio of products.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Ideally you will have:
- Level 3 qualification in Business Studies or related subject.
- Sales or Marketing Qualification (desirable).
- Previous experience in a similar role.
- Proficient in the use of computers, including Microsoft Office.
- Full UK driving licence – you will be required to visit customers.
Strong Experience in/ Knowledge of:
- Reaching out to potential contacts and opportunity accounts.
- Customer service and relationship building.
- Preparing quotations.
- Building and executing account plans.
- Dealing with and responding to sales based enquiries.
- Working towards KPI’s.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate professionally and confidently.
- Customer centric approach with the ability to build rapport.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Target focused and commercially aware.