We currently have a fantastic opportunity for an Engineering Manager within our Machinery Design and Build department which designs, procures, fabricates, assembles and installs purpose built Industrial machinery within the Hadley Group.
On a day to day basis you will manage and provide technical leadership to a multi-disciplinary team of Mechanical and Electrical/Controls Engineers to ensure projects are planned and executed in line with the department’s key objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acting as principle engineer to lead in design reviews, technical decision making and being hands on with the design and commissioning of complex mechanical and electrical machinery.
- Ensuring all projects are CE compliant in line with European health, safety and environmental protection legislation.
- Collaborating with design engineers and build team to ensure projects are designed, assembled, installed and commissioned to specification within budget and on time.
- Assessing existing plant and machinery condition, making any recommendations for reconfiguration, upgrade or replacement.
- Promoting high standards within the department, demonstrating expected behaviors and ensuring due consideration is given to health, safety, environmental and quality throughout the design and build process.
- Carrying out performance management, recruitment, L&D and disciplinary activities in line with company policies to ensure the team are responsive, flexible and professional when dealing with their customers.
- Working with and supporting other business units, including providing training where necessary.
- Carrying out continuous improvement activities in order to identify new concepts, components, suppliers, methods and technologies.
- Attending and contributing to various meetings, including making presentations and producing reports on the department’s performance.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Ideally you will have:
- 2:1 Degree in a related discipline or significant experience & relevant training.
- CMSE Certification (desirable).
- At least 5 years’ Mechanical or Electro-mechanical design experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Managing and Leading a diverse team.
- Proficient in the use of computers, including 2D & 3D modelling software & FEA.
Strong Experience in/ Knowledge of:
- Selection and use of specialist engineering materials, heat treatments and coatings.
- Conversant with CE Marking and Machineries Directive.
- Specification and selection of appropriate Electro-mechanical parts.
- Engineering part manufacturing, manufacture/assembly fabrication and finishing and inspection techniques.
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal.
- Project management – planning, coordination, cost management and communication of multiple concurrent projects.
- Strong Leadership with the ability to build and manage effective teams.
- Excellent attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Customer centric approach.
- Strategically agile, with the ability to understand and manage change.
- Continuous development mindset, with focus on optimising processes and utilising the latest advances in technology.