We currently have opportunities for CNC Programmer/Setter/Operators to work the following shifts:
Rotational 6am - 2pm & 2pm – 10pm, 5 days.
Working within our Technology Centre, you will produce accurate machined turned parts, to specific standards, on-time, maintaining quality, tolerances, and safety standards, within budget based on the project plan and in order to improve the efficiency and quality of products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Use CNC machines to their maximum efficiency within the constraints of the manufacturer’s operating instructions.
- Increase the current capacity of the existing machines, ensuring the order of work gives maximum machine utilisation.
- Assist in the development of new and existing manufacturing processes and procedures to optimise performance.
- Assist in ensuring correct tool management and selection is always achieved.
- Accurately produce CNC programs for the machining of in-house and sub-contracted parts.
- Use methods of continuous improvement during manufacturing to set the foundation and benchmark for future production improvements.
- Accurately read and interpret engineering drawings.
- Accurately read and use all available types of measuring equipment to ensure products are within tolerance and of high quality selecting the most efficient method of manufacture.
- Train other personnel in use of machining software.
- Train/provide an appreciation of the role to apprentices in order to improve their skills and motivation.
- Develop and adopt SOP and TPM methods of working, reporting any issues to Supervision/Management.
- Strive to improve current operating methods to reduce cost or increase efficiency adapting to using new technology when it is available.
- Ensure all equipment is operated safely in view of operators and any other personnel.
- Feedback to designers all errors, modifications, re-work and other appropriate information to alert them to the issues you experienced and provide constructive input to resolving the issue in future at design stage to prevent reoccurrence.
- Ensure all equipment used is appropriately maintained and report any concerns to your Supervisor or Management.
- Provide cover for existing CNC operators when required or deemed necessary.
Qualifications and Experience
- Time served apprentice with a strong, robust engineering background, preferably within the cold roll forming. industry/toolmaking/turning/Milling environment.
- Able to set and operate Fanuc/Mazatrol control machines, and edit programmes.
- Experience programming CNC Machines essential.
- Able to accurately read and interpret complex engineering drawings.
- Able to accurately read and use measuring equipment.
- Experience /knowledge with EdgeCAM would be highly advantageous.
- Experience using machinery such as Millers, Lathes, Surface Grinders, Pillar Drillers.
- Able to adapt to new technology, machinery and equipment.
“Please note we do not accept speculative approaches from agencies and will not pay fees for submissions received unless you have been engaged by our HR department”
You can also apply by sending your CV to the following HR email address: [email protected]