An opportunity has arisen for an Area Sales Manager within our Building Products Division covering the North East & Scotland. With your focus being construction product sales, you will deliver profitable sales growth within your region through the development of existing customer relationships and new opportunities through focused activity.
It is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate the gravitas and internal cross-functional ability to support the execution of aggressive sales strategy within the division.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Maintain and improve existing business by ensuring all opportunities are maximised for the group, using key account management best practices and strategies.
- Obtain new customers and sales leads by conducting research into the geographical area to identify potential customers, including the use of Barbour ABI.
- Develop a structured approach for reaching out to potential clients.
- Identify architects and engineers within the geographical region and formulate a plan around support of those consultants.
- Build and maintain industry and competitor knowledge, sharing knowledge with the wider team as appropriate with suggestions on new product development and report on key competitor activities
- Deliver estimates based upon company pricing structure/policy and negotiate with customers, ensuring appropriate margins are achieved.
- Approach new and existing customers to obtain enquiries for live projects that can be designed and estimated.
- Liaise with technical team concerning viability of new sections, lead times, delivery details, machine availability, manufacturing programmes etc.
- Follow up overdue accounts when requested
- Monitor business trends of all accounts within area identifying new business opportunities / threats and develop strategy and actions to address any negative trends.
- Deliver profitable growth through introduction of new product ranges and increase volumes of existing product ranges.
Qualifications and Experience
- Good commercial acumen
- Sound knowledge of the UK construction market and its routes to market
- Proven experience in a customer facing or an internal sales role
- Ability to analyse sales data
- Good negotiation skills
- Resilience with the ability to work well under pressure
- HNC/HND in an engineering or business discipline would be desirable