We currently have a fantastic opportunity for you to gain new skills in a growing area of the business!
We have 1 x AM Shift Laser Setter Operator positions in our Hadley Allied Products division on an 8-month Fixed Term contract.
This role will be on a secondment basis and full training will be provided.
You will be an integral part of the team, setting and operating the CNC laser cutting machine, supporting with the assembly of parts, operating other machinery when required, and bending, punching or sawing metal for a variety of products.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operating and setting the CNC laser cutting machine and other machinery used in the production process, ensuring health and safety at all times.
- Programming of jobs based on material types and thickness.
- Load programs and set machine parameters to ensure optimal performance of the equipment.
- Set machine to characteristic curve and setting zero-point 2D and 3D.
- Adjust laser technology table to maintain high cut quality.
- Maintain machine maintenance including the changing of nozzles and ceramics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- NVQ Level 2 in Manufacturing (desirable not essential)
- Laser cutting in a manufacturing environment (desirable not essential)
- Able to understand and interpret detailed engineering designs and drawings (desirable not essential)
- Full training will be provided for this role.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members.
- Able to alternate programming effectively.
-Prioritise work load as per the needs of the division.
- Attention to detail on all tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, listening, verbal and written.
- Good work ethic and flexible approach.